Dec 11, 2015

Guess Who's Back?


Wow, there was a lot of dust on my Blogger pages.

In reality I never left, I just dabbled in other sorts of writing, but now I’m ready to stretch my legs and gripe about the world we live in.

Just kidding, I’m actually happier than I’ve ever been in my life, despite having just gone through a two-year period where I survived a bad car accident, had a cancer scare, and was laid-off twice.

Now I’m a financial journalist. That’s a very different flavor of reporting from working in the newspaper/community/political/government realms. For one thing, I ‘m allowed to have some opinions (like the premise of objectivity ever stopped me before). You can find my work for Financial Advisor and Private Wealth magazines at http://www.fa-mag.com

It looks like I’ll be starting a blog over there sometime in 2016. I don’t intend to abandon Unreined, The Steel Backbone, or My Old Kentucky Home. I may even cross post sometimes.

Here’s the way it’s going to work out: Unreined is a personal blog full of things that I want to talk about, no restrictions, anything goes. The Steel Backbone will return to discussions about rail travel, mass transit systems and transportation policy. My Old Kentucky Home will still talk about Lexington and central Kentucky.

My new, as-yet un-named blog, is going to cover financial advisors under 40 and financial planning for millennial and gen X clients.


My goal moving forward is going to be 1 post per blog per week, starting seriously in January. I hope you’ll join me as I continue my journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil and pg-13, please.